Haddon Training is the only work based Training Provider in England and Wales delivering Apprenticeships in Horse Care and Management, combining the Racing Option.
We offer a unique opportunity to Racing trainers to develop and train their jockeys and staff on the yard, to their own requirements. We work with a number of high profile racing yards in England and Wales.
WHAT DOES THE QUALIFICATION INVOLVE?
The racing pathway includes a Riding Unit, or a Specialist Racehorse Care Unit if you are a non-rider.
At Level 2 both routes (Riding or Non-Riding) may involve:
- escorting racehorses to race meetings
- care for racehorses after they have raced
- assisting with the on-going specialist care of racehorses
- assisting with the care of racehorses after strenuous exercise
- riding racehorses on roads or tracks under supervision
- providing routine exercise opportunities for racehorses under supervision
For further information on the qualification structure please download the unit guide: 1st4Sport Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Racehorse Care.
At Level 3 both routes (Riding or Non-Riding) may involve:
- riding racehorses to improve performance
- schooling racehorses
- carrying out racecourse procedures
- preparing horses for saddling up and the parade ring
- prepare horses for saddling up and the parade ring
- assist with designing training programmes for horses
- assist with the implementation of training programme
For further information on the qualification structure please download the unit guide: 1st4Sport Level 3 Diploma in Work-based Racehorse Care and Management
There are many opportunities within the racing industry for individuals with commitment and determination; the desire to work outdoors and the confidence to live away from home.
Careers within Racing include:
- Stable Staff
- Flat and Jump Jockeys
- Travelling Head Lads and Head Lads
- Assistant Trainers.
The Jockey Club is the governing body and has strict rules on training and pay structure. It requires all employees to hold qualifications, which are directly linked to your pay structure. The industry also has its own union, The National Association of Stable Staff.
Take a look at this video of Paul Nicholls' assistant trainer talking about the benefits of using Haddon Training to support his apprentice......
If you would like to know more about how we can support your Racing apprentices, please contact us using our enquiry form or call the office on: 01672 519977.