If you are aged 16 and over, an Apprenticeship is your opportunity to 'learn while you earn'. You may already be employed in a position that would support one of our Business qualifications.
The qualification would help you to develop your skills and knowledge. You will be recognised as a competent member of staff and receive a nationally recognised qualification.
We offer the following Business Apprenticeships at Level 2 (Intermediate) and Level 3 (Advanced):
You do not need formal qualifications to take up a Business Apprenticeship. However, you will be expected to have a good level of literacy and numeracy, particularly for the Advanced Apprenticeship. The Framework includes ICT Functional Skills, and you will need to develop a good competence in using IT to achieve the qualification.
For all three qualifications, you will need to be in a role where you deal with customers, either external or internal, over an extended period of time.
You will also need to:
- Be aged 16 -23 (adult apprenticeships are available in some circumstances)
- Be an EU citizen
- Not hold a degree
How long does an Apprenticeship take?
- Intermediate Apprenticeship: 12 to 15 months
- Advanced Apprenticeship: 12 to 20 months
what DO THE qualifications INVOLVE?
Both the Intermediate and Advanced Apprenticeship framework contain:
- Work-based Diploma Level 2 (intermediate) or Level 3 (Advanced)
- Technical Certificate Level 2 or Level 3
- ERR (Employee Rights and Responsibilities )
- PLTS (Personal Learning and Thinking Skills)
- Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT Level 1 (Intermediate) or Level 2 (Advanced) unless you have achieved GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or above in the past 5 years.
What are Functional Skills?
There are two Functional Skills qualifications, English and Maths.
In English you will cover:
- Speaking and Listening
In Maths you will cover:
- Use of number
- Measure, shape and space
- Handling Data.
In ICT (not required for Customer Service qualfications) you will cover the use of:
- Excel - using formulae, formatting cells and producing graphs
- Powerpoint - creating a presentation
- General use of the computer
These qualifications are test-based. You will be supported by your assessor during your programme in preparation for the tests.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR BUSINESS APPRENTICESHIPS VACANCIES
See the subject pages on the website (on the left) or contact Jenny Jones on 01672 518461 or email her email@example.com